2-day Athens tour including transfers to and from port/airport
Design your own tour
Athens panoramic city tour____________________
Visit to the Acropolis UNESCO World Heritage site____________________
Visit to the new Acropolis Museum____________________
Stroll through Athens historical center____________________
Panathenaic Stadium, home of the modern Olympics
Day 1: Arrival and TransferOn arrival at Athens Airport you will be greeted by our airport representative who will assist you with the transfer to your hotel. Your Tour Director will welcome you at the hotel and provide all useful information and travel tips for your stay. Dinner tonight is on your own.
Day 2: Athens and Transfer to PortA fresh morning start accompanied by your Tour Director for a walking tour of Athens Historical Center. Visit the Acropolis and its great monuments, including the Parthenon, the Propylea and the Erecthion (Maidens Temple). Continue your day’s experience with an enriching visit to the new Acropolis Museum, where you will marvel at the masterpieces of art from the Acropolis. Time for a stroll along the narrow streets of the Plaka district and a light lunch before you drive to Zea to board your small ship and begin your voyage of discovery. At the end of the cruise, your transfer to the airport is also included.
Pre or Post Trip tour dates are adjusted to your selected small ship cruise.
Tour price starting from …..
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Hotel accommodation in Athens one night on B/B basis
- Guided tour and entrance fees to all included sites described
- All the way services of Inspiration Ventures Tour Director
- Private Mercedes motor coach transportation
- Transfers to and from the port/airport
- Luggage handling: One bag per person & one carry-on
TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Gratuities for Tour Director & drivers
- Meals except those included in the program
(Important Note: Your cruise cost is calculated separately in US dollars as per Cruise Company policy. The pre cruise tour packages are calculated in euro.)
Hera Hotel or similarHera Hotel is conveniently located a few steps away from the new Acropolis Museum; right at the foot of the Acropolis hill and next to the interconnected archeological sites. This boutique hotel offers a unique opportunity to the visitor to enjoy an excellent stay right in the heart of old Athens. Within a walking distance of two minutes, our travelers can find local quality restaurants, bars and enjoy the picturesque Plaka district of Athens. Furthermore, Hera Hotel offers a unique dining experience at its rooftop, with marvelous Acropolis view, exceptional cuisine and cozy setting.
- For touring in Athens we suggest comfortable, casual clothes and good walking shoes for visiting the sites. Hats, sunscreen and a bottle of water are suggested during the summer months.
- Big bags and backpacks are not allowed in most sites and museums. They are usually kept at the entrance and returned to you after the visit.
- Remember to bring along your cameras; you will have great photo moments. Please note that in museums and sites it is not allowed to pose by a statue for a picture.
- Please remember not to leave your bags, cameras or any personal item unattended.
- In Greece the electric current is 220V. You may need an adaptor for your electrical appliances.
- We suggest that you take a photo of your passport and of all credit/debit cards (both sides) that you will be bringing with you, and mail these photos to yourself. In the event of lost credentials, these photos can be extremely helpful and time-saving!
- Consider about 3 km walking during the day, which includes city walking but also uneven ground while visiting sites, uphill Acropolis climb, steps and cobblestone streets.
- Good physical condition is important. Wheelchairs cannot be accommodated.