From Ancient Olympia to the Tasting of fine Greek Wine
Inspiration Ventures’ Olympia best shore excursion takes you on a journey of discovery through the fascinating world of Ancient Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games, one of the top world destinations and a Unesco Cultural Heritage Site.
The tour is designed for the traveler who is interested in the history of the Games, as well as experiencing firsthand the ancient site and its treasures. Your expert guide will bring the history of Olympia to life as you walk through the site and discover the glorious world of the athletes who once competed here striving for excellence. Following a magical experience at the ancient site, you will enjoy a scenic drive in the countryside to the Mercouri Estate for a pleasant afternoon of discovery: touring the vineyard, wine-tasting and exploring a wealth of local products.
- The sacred Altis of Olympia , Sanctuary of the Gods
- The original Olympic Stadium
- The temple of Zeus, the temple of Hera, the Palestra, the workshop of Phidias and alter of the Olympic Flame
- Museum of Olympia and Statue of Hermes by Praxiteles
- The natural setting of the site in a pine clad plain at the confluence of Alphios and Kladeos rivers.
- Mercouri Estate and its 18th century Mansion
- Wine tasting and snack
- Lunch in local taverna
- Guided Tour and Entrance fees to the site of Olympia and the Olympia Museum.
- Start to Finish services of Inspiration Ventures Tour Guide
- Private Mercedes motor coach transportation
- Wine tasting and snack
- Lunch at a taverna
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for Tour Guide & Driver
- For touring Olympia, we suggest comfortable, casual clothes and good walking shoes for visiting the sites. Hats, sunscreen and a bottle of water are recommended as temperatures can be high during summer months.
- Bottled water is suggested as local water is heavy in minerals.
- Big bags and backpacks are not allowed in most sites & Museums. They are usually kept at the entrance and returned to you after the visit.
- Remember to bring along your cameras. You will have great photo moments. Please note that in Museums and Sites it is not allowed to pose by a statue for a picture.
- Make sure you never leave unattended bags, cameras and personal items.
- Consider about 2 miles walking during the day, although the site is situated in a rather flat plain, there is uneven ground and cobblestone paths.
- An expert licensed guide will add value and enjoyment to the visit of Olympia.