Inspiration Ventures Family-Friendly Olympia best shore excursion travels your imagination inside the world of Ancient Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games, first held in 776 B.C.
This family-friendly tour is designed to inspire every member of the family to live the spirit of ancient Olympia. Visit the Palaestra where the ancient athletes practiced wrestling, the Sanctuary of the gods, where the mighty Zeus was represented in the magnificent forty-foot gold statue by Pheidias, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Marvel at the great art works in the Museum of Olympia including the famous statue of Hermes by Praxiteles. Learn about the victors’ ceremony in the ancient stadium where the winners were crowned with an olive wreath.
You can also make your own history at Olympia by participating in activities, such as a family mini race in the original stadium.
Optional: The magic of your Olympia experience can be extended to a sandy beach with a swim in the clear waters of the Ionian sea!
FULL DAY TOUR up to 8 hours including swim
HALF DAY TOUR up to 6hours condensed
- The sacred Altis, Sanctuary of the Gods
- The original Olympic Stadium
- The temple of Zeus, the temple of Hera, the Palaestra, the workshop of Phidias, the Olympic flame altar
- Olympia Museum
- Colorful village of Olympia
- Swim in the Ionian Sea
- Guided Tour and Entrance fees to the site of Olympia and the Olympia Museum.
- Start to Finish services of Inspiration Ventures Tour Guide
- Private Mercedes van transportation
- Lunch included in local taverna
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for Tour Guide & Driver
- For touring in Olympia, we suggest comfortable, casual clothes and good walking shoes for visiting the sites.
- Hats, sunscreen and a bottle of water are recommended as temperatures can be high during summer months.
- Bottled water is suggested as local water is heavy in minerals.
- Big bags and backpacks are not allowed in most sites & Museums. They are usually kept at the entrance and returned to you after the visit.
- Remember to bring along your cameras. You will have great photo moments. Please note that in Museums and Sites it is not allowed to pose by a statue for a picture.
- Make sure your bags, cameras and personal items are never left unattended.
- Consider about 2 miles walking during the day, although the site is situated in a rather flat plain, there is uneven ground and cobblestone paths.
- An expert licensed guide will add value and enjoyment to the visit of Olympia.
- If you are planning to go to the beach, remember to bring beach towels ,flip flops and, of course, your bathing suit.