The surrounding area of Olympia is among the most fertile of the Peloponnese, olive trees, vineyards, melons and water melons and nuts are only some of its local products.
The Mercouri Estate is located in area of 40 acres where a variety of high quality wines are produced.
Optional: The Mercouri Estate visit can be combined with alternative activities, such as “ Local Cooking Lesson” “ Family Hosted Lunch”, “ Local Products Tour” “ Village Life & Local People”, “ Hike at Foloi, Oak Tree Forest of the Centaurs.” These activities give you a chance to discover local culture firsthand.
- Introduction to greek wines
- Wine tasting in the shade of pine trees
- Natural beauty of Elis area.
- Local culture and people
- Guided Tour and Entrance fees to the site of Olympia and the Olympia Museum.
- Start to Finish Services Inspiration Ventures Tour Guide
- Private Mercedes motor coach transportation
- Wine tasting, snack and vineyard tour
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for Tour Guide & Driver
- While touring, we suggest comfortable casual clothes and good walking shoes.Hats, sunscreen and a bottle of water are recommended as temperatures can be high during the summer months.
- Bottled water is suggested as local water is heavy in minerals.
- Remember to bring along your cameras. You will have great photo moments. Photographing people is permitted, however, asking permission is preferred.
- Please remember not to leave your bags, cameras and personal items unattended anywhere.
- Consider about 2 miles walking during the day, although the site is situated in a rather flat plain, there is uneven ground and cobblestone paths.
- An expert, licensed guide will add value and enjoyment to your visit.